With increasing traffic violations and road offenses, New Jersey Municipal Court has made it easy for drivers and local courts to deal with traffic tickets and fines.
Gone are the days when you have to go to court, now you can pay your traffic ticket without leaving your house.
NJMCDirect is an official web portal that is safe and convenient to access and pay traffic tickets and municipal complaints online.
NJMCDirect – A Brief Overview
NJMCDirect is the New Jersey Municipal Court Internet case information and payment website. It is the fastest yet most secure way that allows users to access and pay for their traffic tickets and municipal complaints they were convicted for.
How to Use NJMCDirect Online Portal?
The user interface is easy to use; you will need to search for your ticket by entering the required details and then make the payment.
NJMCDirect only accepts Credit cards for payments, so if you don’t have one, you may need to contact the court for alternate payment options, or you can refer to the back of your traffic ticket for more information.
The online payment hours suggested by NJMCdirect to make the payment are as follows:
Mon – Thurs: 4:30am – 11:15pm
Fri: 4:30 am – 10:15 pm
Sat: 4:30 am – 3:15 pm
Sun: 1:00 pm – 11:15 pm
How to Pay NJ Traffic Tickets?
If you are paying for a traffic ticket, first check whether you are eligible to pay through NJMCdirect because not all tickets can be paid online. It must meet the following criteria:
- The violation for which you are convicted needs to be payable.
- The officer who has issued you the ticket should not indicate that a court appearance is mandatory.
- Make sure that there are no warrants issued for the visa.
- It needs to be a one-time payment order.
Check if your ticket meets the abovementioned guidelines, and if it does, you can pay using NJMCdirect. Also, remember that some tickets may take up to 1 to 4 days to get available on NJMCdirect to view and pay online. In some cases, you may require to call court if your ticket doesn’t appear on the web portal after waiting for four days after it’s issued.
Now, to pay for your ticket, follow the steps mentioned below:
- To get started, navigate to http://www.njmcdirect.com/ and select Traffic Ticket.
- Next, enter all the details to search for the ticket. Your ticket contains all the information required, so refer to it.
- Hit the Search button, and there you have your traffic ticket with the penalty amount listed on it.
- Once you have your ticket online, you can pay using your credit card.
- Upon a successful transaction, you will get a printable receipt to keep with you.
On NJMCdirect.com, you can also view paid traffic tickets that have been old for less than 90 days. And to know any specific details of your ticket, you can search for it anytime using the information printed on it.