In Florida, every driver must renew their license or ID card every eight years. You can check the expiration date of your license on your credentials. Besides, you can renew your license in advance for up to 18 months.
Also, for ID Cards, you can renew them 12 months in advance. Here is how to Renew Your Florida License Using FLHSMV online or offline.
- You Can Also Visit www.Njmcdirect.Com for NJ Traffic Ticket Payment.
How to Check Eligibility for Online Renewal?
Before moving to the procedure, you check whether you are eligible to replace or renew your Florida license using FLHSMV online. Follow the steps given below to check the eligibility.
- Visit the FLHSMV Driver License Check website.
- And then, enter your driver’s license number in the given area.
- Enter the Captcha code and then click on Continue.
- You can now check whether you are eligible for Florida license renewal or not.
Renew Your Florida License
You can use both online and offline methods. You can renew your Florida license using FLHSMV online or go to the FLHSMV location in-person for your license renewal in Florida.
Online Method to Renew Your License With FLHSMV.
Follow the steps given below to renew your Florida license online. You must check the eligibility first with the above method. If eligible, you can proceed.
- Access the FLHSMV MyDMV portal on your device.
- Then click on Login to MyDMV Portal to proceed.
- Now, checkmark the box, “I agree to the terms of the Driver Privacy Protection Act.”
- And then, enter your email and password to log in to your existing account. You can also log in with Twitter, Google, or Facebook.
- Or, if you are new, you can scroll down the page and click on Enroll Now option.
- After Login to your account, you can renew your Florida license.
There are certain conditions under which you can renew your Florida license online.
- You cannot renew your license online if you last renewed it online, over the phone, or by mail.
- You cannot renew your license online if you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- In addition, CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) holders also can’t renew their license online in Florida.
In-Person Florida License Renewal
All online-license-renewal-restricted customers can visit their nearby FLHSMV location to renew their license in person. Here are the requirements to renew your license offline.
- Turn in your current license.
- Passing the vision test
- Two approved Documents for Address proof (in case the address is changed.)
- Approved documents for your name (in case the name is changed.)
- Drivers who have not issued their DL in person since Jan 01, 2010, must bring a form of primary identification, social security number proof, and two proofs of address.
To check the nearby FLHSMV location, you can visit the Location Page of the FLHSMV.
Fee for Renewal or Replace a Credential
You can visit the FLHSMV Fee website to see the Fee Schedule to renew your Florida license or renew or replace other credentials.
Yes, you can renew your Florida driving license online by accessing MyDMV Portal to check eligibility and renew your license.
You can access your MyDMV Portal to check if you are eligible for online license renewal. If yes, you can renew your Florida license online from anywhere.
There is a certain eligibility criterion in Florida to renew your license online. You can access your FLHSMV MyDMV Portal to check eligibility.
You can renew your Florida license any time within 12 months after expiration.
So, that is how you can Renew Your Florida License Using FLHSMV. Both online and offline option is available for Florida license renewal.
And if you want to renew your license online, you must check the eligibility criteria. This article will help you to renew your Florida License.